Crash-tested to real-life impacts, the integrated precast concrete crash railing stabilizes box trucks in a collision.
Durisol’s MASH TL-4 System is a modular, ground-mounted absorptive noise barrier system. The MASH TL-4 is host to an integrated precast concrete crash railing and an inertial impact panel to stabilize box trucks in collisions. Our system has been successfully tested under MASH (Manual for Assessing Safety Hardware) TL-4 conditions, proving its ability to hold up when needed most and not fail in real world scenarios.
- Bridge Structures
- Roads and Highways
Meets the following MASH TL-4 test criteria:
Main Features and Benefits
- Durisol’s double sided absorptive panels alleviate noise concerns and prevent reverberation.
- A barrier system proven to withstand MASH TL-4 impact loads.
- Inertial impact panel protects the wall and stabilizes trucks while the additional precast concrete panel provides another layer of safety.
- Our lightweight system and modular design require minimal installation equipment and crew.
- Panels come in a variety of architectural textures, patterns and colours.
Design Details at a Glance
Durisol® MASH TL-4 System is a modular, absorptive, ground-mounted noise barrier system just like the TL-3 system – however, it has been tested to MASH TL-4 conditions and includes an integrated impact panel for trucks.
- 39” (1,000mm) high precast steel reinforced concrete single slope traffic barrier with proprietary connection to the noise barrier post.
- Integral inertial impact panel placed at 10’ elevation to ensure protection of the wall from soft portions of the truck.
- W-10 (W250) post ground mounted post design.
- Overall crash tested height of noise barrier system installation above pavement was 17.3’ (5.273m), however, designs can vary.