High-impact resistant transparent noise barriers designed for the long-term.
Durisol Transparent Noise Barriers are made of specially formulated acrylic intended for long-term outdoor exposure. Backed by an industry best 30-year warranty, our panels are used for noise control along roads and railways, as well as wind and collision protection on bridges or pedestrian walkways.
This system is completely customizable. Sheets can be cut to size and our engineering and project teams will work as an extension of your team to deliver industry-leading safety & noise protection.
- Noise control along roads and railways.
- Wind barriers on bridges.
- Impact resistant glazing for pedestrian bridges and trails/greenways.
Main Features and Benefits
- Preserves views and encourages light allowance.
- Minimal dead load on structures.
- Built to withstand debris from vehicle tires and hurricane force winds. GSCC fragment retention is also available for additional safety measures.
- Our lightweight system requires minimal installation equipment and crew.
- Hard non-porous surface stays clean with rain exposure.
- Extremely resistant to weathering, retaining clarity and strength over decades of sunlight exposure.
- Panels are available as clear or coloured panels.
Design Details at a Glance
- Typical panel weight of 3.66psf
- 4’, 6’ and 8’
- 15 - 25 mm
STANDARD SHEET SIZE
- 2,030 x up to 6,000 mm. Custom sizes available upon request.
GSCC FRAGMENT RETENTION SHEET SIZE
- 2,380 x 3,300 mm. Polymide filaments run vertically or horizontally in black or clear filaments.
- Fits post spaces from 6’ to 20’
- STC 32 Db or greater
- 92% light transmission
- Available in colorless, frosted and 10 colors. Custom colors available upon request.
- Graffiti is removed easily and quickly involving a spray-on application.
- Bird deterrent markings are available.
- ASTM D 1003 & E 313 – testing for weathering against yellowing, sunlight exposure and other elements.