Ground-to-roof noise barrier solutions, designed and built for multi-source noise control.
Our Durisol noise barriers have been used for building noise attenuation for years. We are now expanding our acoustical capabilities to include new rooftop-designed barrier solutions to solve persistent equipment noise and visual screening.
We engineer a mounted solution best for each building environment:
- Weighted Systems – Used in applications when rooftop membrane cannot be penetrated.
- Direct-to-structure – Optional steel stub column, cast-in-place concrete piers or anchoring to concrete roof.
Our post-and-panel systems include a variety of lightweight panel options:
Aluminum – Aluminum panels can be absorptive on both sides.
PVC – Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) panels are the lightest available panel.
Transparent – Transparent panels are ideal for rooftop patios or public areas that want to reduce noise while maintaining natural light and views.
- Bridge Structures
- Industrial & Commercial Sites
- Rail Applications
- Residential Developments
- Roads and Highways
- Energy Perimeter Walls
Main Features and Benefits
- Alleviate noise emissions from multiple sources at once with single or double-sided absorptive panel options or reflective panels where visual screens are the primary concern.
- Various aesthetic options for barrier system.
- All three of our noise panel options reduce material weight requirements for roof designs.
- Lightweight post and panel system requires minimal installation equipment and crew.
Design Details at a Glance
- Depending on the panel material selected, our noise absorptive or reflective noise barriers and privacy screens meet required standards and building codes. Refer to RESOURCES for testing results.