A smarter engineered gravity retaining wall system that holds up under pressure.
The Retain-a-Rock (RAR) system is a true gravity segmental earth retaining wall system. Utilizing the strength of concrete, our large modular blocks are designed with a unique hollow core, allowing for gravel infill as a free-draining block.
The interlocking connections between blocks also means that in most cases there is no need for integrated mechanically stabilized earth (MSE) geogrid tie backs for walls up to 12 feet (3.66m).
- Bridge Abutments & Wingwalls
- Roadway Expansions
- Erosion Control / Shoreline Protection
- Waste Transfer Stations or Other Industrial Sites
- Residential or Commercial Developments
- Temporary Shoring
Main Features and Benefits
- Lightweight material with self-aligning blocks requires minimal installation equipment and crew.
- Job is completed faster with fewer blocks to place.
- From culverts to roadway expansions, an engineered wall solution from concept-to-completion.
Design Details at a Glance
- 2.23 sq metre (24 sq ft) of exposed wall face per standard precast concrete block unit.
- Mass of up to 5,800 lbs. per unit.
- Large modular block size [2.44m long (8 ft) x 0.917m high (3 ft)].
- Full block, top full block, half width and half block.
- 2 – 12 ft wall height without geogrid, 12 ft+ heights when using geogrid.
- No need for integrated MSE geogrid tie backs for walls up to 3.66m (12 feet) high.
- Handrail and fencing can easily be integrated into the RAR wall system.